Saint-Gobain Life Sciences
Saint-Gobain Life Sciences is proud to take part in providing solutions for a multitude of cell therapy applications while collaborating with customers and industry partners to develop custom disposables, often for integration into automated systems. Through our material science expertise as well as our deep experience in bringing manufacturing technologies to scale, we are uniquely positioned to offer solutions to the numerous challenges faced by cell therapy manufacturers today.
Saint-Gobain is a global organization with 17 facilities serving the Life Science industry, including a 37,000 ft2 manufacturing site specifically designed for the needs of Cell Therapy in Gaithersburg, MD.
The Gaithersburg facility offers a wide variety of capabilities focused on the design, development and manufacturing of single-use systems.
Facility highlights include:
· Ultra-clean injection molding and overmolding with capabilities for large size molding
· ISO 5 space for ultra-clean assembly operations and ISO 7 space for single-use system fabrication
· Bag manufacturing in an ISO 7 clean room using a proprietary laser welding process
· Automated environmental controls and individual monitoring capabilities
· Engineering lab for prototyping and development of custom products
Applications Beyond Cell Therapy
With durability and quality built in, our bags have proven their durability and quality both here on Earth and beyond. Our VueLife systems have been used on the Space Shuttle for numerous zero-gravity biological experiments and for storage of water used by the astronauts.